The City of Saint Paul has a workplace safety committee that meets once a month (normally on the last Wednesday). The meetings are held in the City Council Chambers.
The mission of the City of Saint Paul Safety Committee is to form and maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and the community through the involvement of all individuals with regards to education, communication and safe work practices.
In addition to this primary mission, the Safety Committee encourages all employees to participate in the safety process for the benefit of all concerned. The personal safety and health of each employee of the City of Saint Paul is of vital importance. To the greatest degree possible, this committee will provide employees a voice to management to ensure that concerns and issues related to safety are brought to attention. In carrying out its primary mission, the committee is committed to four basic principles:
- Help to express and circulate policies, practices, and procedures that promote health and safety.
- Assist management in the planning of action on occupational health and safety. This will include helping to set priorities to control hazards.
- Act as a problem solving group to help with the identification and control of hazards.
- Help to resolve health and safety issues.
The activities of the committee will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify unsafe work practices and conditions and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Review accident/incident reports. Types of accidents, causes and trends shall be identified and appropriate corrective action suggested.
- Assist in the development and implementation and maintenance of effective safety programs.
- Encourage feedback from all individuals with regard to health and safety related ideas, problems, and solutions.
- Ensure safety throughout the whole community as well as the workplace.
“No task is so important and no call for service is so urgent that we cannot take the time to perform our work safely.”
Members of the Safety Committee are listed to the left. If you have any workplace safety or health concerns you can contact the members listed to have your concerns addressed at the next meeting.